Canon new flagship camera the EOS-1D X has pronounce to be available in march 2012 but delayed till mid June 2012 (lets hope this is the last delay).
The estimated price will be around $6800 (I hope a little less because of the new Nikon D4).
Here’s some of the highlighted specs:
- 18.1Mp CMOS Sensor
- Dual DIGIC 5+ Image Processors
- Up to 14 frame per second (on super high-speed)
- 3.2″ LCD Screen
- Eye-Level Pentaprism Viewfinder
- Dual CF Card Recording Media
- Canon EF Lens Mount
- Magnesium Alloy Body
- 1920 x 1080 HD Video Capture
- Live View Still and Video Recording
- 61-Point High Density Auto Focus
More info about this awesome camera you can find here:
B&H Photo and Video
For detailed info and specs visit:
Canon USA official website
I think this camera is going to be great for my line of work (wedding photography) because it’s have an amazing new autofocus system and 12-14 Fps. When you can take 12 photos on a single second that is just the perfect camera that will help you not to miss any moment.
This camera will probably be perfect for the sport photographers and the Animal photographer. Basically for anyone who need speed, accuracy and durability.
All I can say is thank you canon !!!
Los Angeles Wedding Photographer
*picture taken from canon usa website
Update (March 14th, 2012):
- Canon 1D-X price announced – $6800
- Pre-order start (B&H, ADORAMA, AMAZON)
- Ship date for Canon EOS 1D-X – mid to late April.